The Mennello Museum of American Art (MMAA) creates educational programming that delivers access to captivating American art of all genres through permanent collections, as well as renowned curated temporary exhibitions. The MMAA brings art studies that present the permanent collection of outstanding Earl Cunningham paintings directly into classrooms through Art Trunks on The Go: Safe Place Space.
Whether through lectures given by world-renowned and established artists like Bo Bartlett and Julie Heffernan, docent guided tours for school aged groups or seniors, or Boy and Girl Scout badge fulfillments with art projects, the MMAA’s workshops and special programming are designed to make personal connections to exhibitions and exploration of artistic methods.
The MMAA endeavors to engage all individuals who come through the doors in participatory learning of the visual arts. We seek to advance their confidence in discussions around the exhibitions and inspire creativity in personal life and art making. When curating exhibitions, the MMAA realizes it is not in isolation and has a responsibility to present culturally and socially relevant topics.
IMPACT IN OUR COMMUNITY
Our sponsors play a critical role in our success and the programs we are able to deliver to our community. With your support we are able to:
- Focus resources on programs such as Free Family Funday, offering visitors multi-age fine art activities at no cost
- Present museum experiences to Title 1 and UCP Schools at little or no cost
- Reach youth who do not have exposure to art as part of their education, serving teens with critical art development, positively and creatively impacting their young lives
- Work with social services organizations and offer their clients creative art experiences for managing behavior and feelings
- Attend outreach events and share fine art projects with 12,000 attendees
- The MMAA reached over 33,000 individuals in 2017 through exhibitions, programs and outreach.
- More than 3,300 visitors participated in our monthly Free Family Fundays occurring the second Sunday of each month.
- 45% of our visitors live in Orange County while 24% are from Lake, Osceola, and Seminole counties. 31% of our visitors are tourists traveling from various parts of Florida, out of state and out of the country.
- In the past year, we have increased our membership base 45%; increased attendance 30% in three years; and increased our social media followers by 22%.
Contact Jessi VanPelt at firstname.lastname@example.org or 407.246.4278 x4860