Our docents can also tailor their teaching to scouting badges, which we like to relate directly to our exhibitions and your interests! Here are a few examples of what we can do for you during a tour:
GIRLS SCOUT BADGE FULFILLMENTS
Girl Scout’s Brownie Painting Badge. Legacy: Artist
Step 1: Get Inspired
Step 2: Paint the Real World
Girl Scout’s Junior Drawing Badge. Legacy: Artist
Step 2: Learn how to add shading
Step 3: Get some perspective
Girl Scout’s Cadette Outdoor Art Apprentice
Step 1: Dig into an artist who is inspired by nature
Girl Scout’s Senior Outdoor Art Expert
Step 1: Find at least three or more public artworks outdoors.
Girl Scout’s Ambassador Outdoor Art Master
Step 1: Make art indoors and outdoors.
Inspired? Do More! Make an art piece on your own, inspired by a woman artist whose art is influenced by the outdoors.
Boy Scout Badge Fulfillments
Boy Scout’s Art Merit Badge
- Render a subject of your choice in FOUR of these ways: c,d,g or h
- With your parent’s permission and your counselor’s approval, visit a museum, art exhibit, art gallery, artist’s co-op, or artist’s workshop. Find out about the art displayed or created there.
Boy Scout’s Webelo Adventure Workbook: Art Explosion
- Visit an art museum, gallery or exhibit
- Do two of the following:
- Draw or paint an original picture outdoors.
- Create an object using clay that can be fired, baked in the oven, or air dried